Story courtesy of the Southeastern Conference
Associated Press Photo
SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Nov. 3, 2012)
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 210 • Jr. • Tampa, Fla.
• Murray went 21-for-28, including 13-for-15 in the second half, for 384 yards and four touchdowns during Georgia’s 37-10 win over Ole Miss. He hit 11 different receivers and connected with four different targets for touchdowns against the Rebels.
6-6 • 215 • Jr. • Kingsburg, Calif.
• Bray completed 29-of-47 passes for 530 yards with 5 TDs and no interceptions in the Vols’ 55-48 win against Troy. In the fourth quarter, Bray was 9-of-17 for 175 yards and two touchdowns, bringing the Vols back from a 40-34 deficit.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 248 • So. • Lawrenceville, Ga.
• Hubbard had a career-high and game-high tying 12 total tackles, including 2.5 for losses, in Alabama’s 21-17 win at LSU.
• Hubbard was in on the tackle stopping an LSU 4th-and-1 attempt at the Alabama 24-yard line in the fourth quarter.
• He was also in on quarterback sack for minus 7 yards early in second quarter, forcing LSU to punt.
• The Alabama defense finished the game with 10.0 tackles for loss, including three sacks.
• Alabama ranks first nationally in scoring defense (9.1 ppg) and second in total defense (228.9 ypg).
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-10 • 190 • Jr. • Mayfield Village, Ohio
• Spear connected on both of his field goal attempts and all three of his PAT attempts in Vanderbilt’s 40-0 win at Kentucky.
• His 48-yard field goal in the fourth quarter was a career-long.
• Spear is second in the SEC in field goals per game (1.44) and third in field goal percentage (81.3).
• Spear is just three field goals shy of matching the Vanderbilt single-season record for field goals, held jointly by Ryan Fowler (2009) and Ricky Anderson (1984).
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 321 • So. • Baton Rouge, La.
• Collins played all 84 offensive snaps in LSU’s 21-17 loss to top-ranked Alabama, leading the Tigers with nine knockdowns as the Tigers racked up 22 first downs, 139 rushing yards, 296 passing yards and 435 total yards – all the most given up this year by the nation’s top rated defense.
WESLEY JOHNSON (Watch Vanderbilt Highlights)
6-5 • 285 • Jr. • Nashville, Tenn.
• Johnson earned an 87 percent blocking grade on the strength of eight knockdown blocks and five blocks that directly lead to either Commodore touchdowns or first downs, in a 40-0 win at Kentucky.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 251 • Jr. • Mount Ulla, N.C.
• Smith had team-high eight total tackles, with 1.5 for losses, including a sack, with a fumble recovery, two pass deflections and two quarterback pressures, in Arkansas’ 19-15 win against Tulsa.
6-3 • 303 • Jr. • Philadelphia, Pa.
• Floyd tallied five total tackles (all solos), with a team-high three for losses, and one quarterback pressure, in Florida’s 14-7 win against Missouri.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel completed 30-of-36 passes for 311 yards and also rushed for 129 yards on 21 carries and two touchdowns in Texas A&M’s 38-13 win at Mississippi State.
• Manziel directed an Aggie offense that tallied 693 total yards on 97 offensive plays and just one turnover.
• He leads the SEC and is second in the nation in total offensive yards. He also leads the SEC in rushing yards and is second in the league in passing yards.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 10
WR KEVIN NORWOOD (Alabama) -- Caught five passes for 62 yards, including three catches on Crimson Tide’s game-winning drive at LSU.
WR COBI HAMILTON (Arkansas) -- Had 11 passes for 177 yards against Tulsa.
RB TRE MASON (Auburn) -- Rushed for 152 yards on 22 carries and a touchdown against Ne Mexico State.
LB DAREN BATES (Auburn) -- Logged six total tackles and returned a fumble 62 yards for a touchdown against New Mexico State.
DL JONATHAN BULLARD (Florida) -- Had three tackles, including 1.5 for losses, and three QB pressures against Missouri.
LB ALEC OGLETREE (Georgia) -- Led Bulldogs with 11 total tackles, two for losses, including a sack, and an interception against Ole Miss.
LB AVERY WILLIAMSON (Kentucky) -- Had a game-high 20 total tackles with a forced fumble against Kentucky.
QB ZACH METTENBERGER (LSU) -- Completed 24-of-35 passes for 298 yards with a TD and no interceptions against Alabama.
SAF CODY PREWITT (Ole Miss) -- Had game-high 11 total tackles, with a fumble recovery and a half-sack against Georgia.
P BAKER SWEDENBURG (Mississippi State) -- Had five punts for a 46.0 yards average, including two inside the 20-yard line, against Texas A&M.
DT SHELDON RICHARDSON (Missouri) -- Had six tackles, with 1.5 for losses, and a fumble recovery and blocked field goal, against Florida.
WR JUSTIN HUNTER (Tennessee) -- Caught nine passes for181 yards and three touchdowns against Troy.
WR RYAN SWOPE (Texas A&M) – Caught nine passes for 121 yards against Mississippi State.