Courtesy of the Southeastern Conference
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 227 • Jr. • Lutz, Fla.
• Garcia completed 17-of-20 passes for 201 yards with three touchdowns and an interception in South Carolina’s 35-21 win over #1-ranked Alabama.
• He was a perfect 9-for-9 passing for 94 yards and three scores in the first half as Carolina opened up a 21-9 lead at intermission.
• Garcia’s scoring strikes were for 26 and 15 yards to Alshon Jeffery and nine-yards to Marcus Lattimore in the first half.
• In the second half, Garcia directed the Gamecock offense on touchdown drives of 15-plays, 82 yards and 10-plays, 74-yards.
• Garcia added 11 yards rushing on seven carries.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 198 • Jr. • Winnie, Texas
• Thomas had a season-high seven tackles along with an interception, two fumble recoveries, a pass deflection and a half-tackle for loss in Arkansas’ 24-17 win against Texas A&M.
• His interception came in the end zone as time expired to seal the victory for the Razorbacks.
• Thomas helped the UA defense hold TAMU to 186 yards below its average and held Aggie QB Jerrod Johnson to just 212 passing yards on 15-of-40 passing.
• He was part of a Razorback unit that created four turnovers during the game.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 216 • Sr. • Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
• Byrum kicked the game-winning field goal from 24 yards as time expired to give Auburn a 37-34 victory at Kentucky. He also added field goals of 38 and 19 yards for the Tigers.
• It was the fifth game-winning field goal of his career and third in Auburn’s last seven games (2010 Outback Bowl, 2010 vs. Clemson).
• It was Byrum’s second career game-winning field goal as time expired—both on the road—joining his winning boot at Florida as a freshman in 2007.
• Game-winning FG was the 51st field goal of his career, which broke school mark of 50 by John Vaughn (2003-06).
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 305 • Sr. • Columbus, Miss.
• Sherrod graded out at a season-high 96 percent with seven knockdown blocks in Mississippi State’s 47-24 win at Houston.
• He helped pave the way for the Bulldog offense to grind out 538 total yards, including 409 yards on the ground.
• The 409 yards on the ground were the most by a Bulldog team since 1992.
• Sherrod helped clear the way for a season-high five rushing touchdowns.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 285 • Sr. • Marrero, La.
• Nevis accounted for seven total tackles, with 4.5 behind the line of scrimmage, including 1.5 sacks and a forced fumble in LSU’s 33-29 win at Florida.
• Keyed an LSU defense that held the Gators to 243 total yards and just 12 first downs . In the first half alone, LSU held the Gators to four first downs and 65 total yards.
• LSU’s defense registered three sacks and the Tigers held Florida to 89 rushing yards.
• Of Florida’s 29 points, two TDs came on drives of 17 and 16 yards and another TD came on a kickoff return for a score.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 209 • Tampa, Fla.
• Murray completed 17-of-25 passes for 266 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions in Georgia’s 41-14 win against Tennessee.
• Murray added 41 yards rushing and two touchdowns on seven carries. His 35-yard TD run in the first quarter gave the Bulldogs a 7-0 lead.
• His 307 total offensive yards against the Vols was a career-high.
• He directed Georgia to scores on seven of 11 drives.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK SIX
DT MARCELL DAREUS (Alabama) -- Had eight total tackles (six solos) with four for losses (-10 yards), including a sack against South Carolina.
WR COBI HAMILTON (Arkansas) -- Had five catches for 98 yards with a 71-yard touchdown reception against Texas A&M.
QB CAM NEWTON (Auburn) -- Completed 13-of-21 passes for 210 yards and also rushed for 198 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky.
RS ANDRE DEBOSE (Florida) -- Accounted for 163 all-purpose yards including an 88-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against LSU.
LB AKEEM DENT (Georgia) -- Logged 12 total tackles (five solos) with a half-sack (-4 yards) against Tennessee.
RB/RS RANDALL COBB (Kentucky) -- Accounted for 201 all-purpose yards including 47 yards rushing and 2 TDs, seven catches for 68 yards and a score, a six-yard TD pass and 86 kickoff return yards against Auburn.
WR TERRENCE TOLIVER (LSU) -- Had six catches for 111 yards and two touchdowns against Florida, including game-winning 3-yard catch with six seconds left in game.
CB COREY BROOMFIELD (Mississippi State) -- Had four tackles, two interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown, and a pass deflection against Houston.
CB STEPHON GILMORE (South Carolina) -- Led team with nine total tackles (eight solos) with two sacks (-9 yards) against Alabama.
WR JUSTIN HUNTER (Tennessee) -- Caught four passes for 110 yards and a touchdown against Georgia.
DT ROB LOHR (Vanderbilt) -- Led the Commodores with six tackles (all solos), including one for loss of three yards against Eastern Michigan.
WR/RS JOHN COLE (Vanderbilt) -- Accounted for 163 all-purpose yards, including four catches for 103 yards and a TD and four punt returns for 60 yards including one for 54 yards against Eastern Michigan.